Social media has evolved far beyond text. Photos and videos have become essential for brands looking to engage with target audiences and create captivating content on social media. A recent study from MDG Advertising found that content containing relevant images produces 94% more views than content without images. When it comes to Twitter, Buffer found that tweets with images are 150% more likely to get retweets than text-only tweets.
Additionally, videos are considerably valuable in marketing and lead generation. HubSpot found that including video on a landing page can increase conversions by a whopping 80%. Equally impressive, just one minute of video is equivalent to 1.8 million words to social media audiences.
There are numerous photography and video applications that can help create professional content for various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. The accessibility of mobile photo and video apps is ideal as users no longer need a computer or expensive software to enhance images or edit videos. Mobile photo and video apps also provide more opportunities to increase brand exposure by superimposing a company logo or watermark directly onto content. Best of all, the majority of photo and video applications can be downloaded for free!
Check out a few of Springboard’s favorite apps below:
- Adobe Photoshop Express – The best app for enhancing overall image quality and adjusting aspects such as contrast, exposure, tone, vibrance, saturation, clarity, and sharpness.
- Superimpose – Users can overlay graphics on top of a base image for more robust branding capabilities. Add your company’s logo, watermark, or other custom graphic on top of any image!
- Canva – Effective tool to create custom social graphics in predetermined dimensions for use on different social media accounts, websites, and blogs.
- Pixabay – Select from thousands of stock photos for royalty-free use.
- Pixlr – Users choose from four pre-defined dimensions when resizing photos, with additional features for creating collages, cropping, rotating, and stylizing photos. User-friendly interface makes for easy photo editing on-the-go!
- PicMonkey – Enables users to edit an image, create a collage, and even add special touches through overlays and text.
- YouCam Snap – Great for organizations that regularly host conferences or attend networking events! YouCam Snap automatically de-skews, straightens, and enhances images. For example, when taking a photo of a PowerPoint presentation, the app will adjust the angle of the picture and render the text readable for future use.
- OverVideo – iPhone-exclusive video editing app that allows users to place text and music at desired points in the video.
- FilmoraGo – User-friendly video editing platform that allows users to enhance video footage, add music, subtitles, transitions, and trim clips right from their phone!
- Quik – Video editing app owned by GoPro that is designed to give a streamlined experienced to users. Quik allows for the easy integration of multiple photos and video clips to create an immersive viewing experience with simple editing requirements.
- Horizon Camera – Forces smartphone cameras to record in landscape orientation, no matter the direction in which you’re holding your phone! Real-time filters, fast forward, and slow motion capabilities are also available. View a demo here.
Overall, mobile photo and video applications are simple yet effective tools for enhancing social media posts and increasing engagement with target audiences. Countless resources are available today for streamlining social media marketing, content creation, and even tracking analytics.
If you are looking to optimize your social media strategy, contact us to see how we can help!